14-02-2024, 04:27 PM
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2024, 04:29 PM by ppppenguin.)
Well done. When I boot Mint Cinnamon there's a startup window that tells me what version I'm running. This can be closed or you can tick the box so it never appears. Don't know about Mate.
The easiest way to instal Cinnamon is to download that version of Mint and instal it. It is possible to download other desktops and switch between them. I've not tried it. Go to the software manager, search for Cinnamon and download it. I'm not sure how you switch between different desktops. I've read that there can be odd problems with the file manager when doing this. Mate and Cinnamon use different file managers. I think they also use different video players (Cinnamon uses VLC) which may mean that it won't get the file associations correct.
Since you're not yet using this PC for actual work, there's nothing to stop you downloading and installing Cinnamon. If it runs well and you like it, then keep it. I'll be able to help you from my own experience if you're using it.
The easiest way to instal Cinnamon is to download that version of Mint and instal it. It is possible to download other desktops and switch between them. I've not tried it. Go to the software manager, search for Cinnamon and download it. I'm not sure how you switch between different desktops. I've read that there can be odd problems with the file manager when doing this. Mate and Cinnamon use different file managers. I think they also use different video players (Cinnamon uses VLC) which may mean that it won't get the file associations correct.
Since you're not yet using this PC for actual work, there's nothing to stop you downloading and installing Cinnamon. If it runs well and you like it, then keep it. I'll be able to help you from my own experience if you're using it.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







