02-01-2024, 12:02 PM
(02-01-2024, 11:52 AM)steve102 Wrote: I appreciate the subject of restuffing capacitors is somewhat controversial but my own view is that yellow capacitors look out of place in pre-war sets and it’s worth the effort to keep the appearance as close as possible to the original.
I re-used the yellow capacitors and placed then in new tubes which I rolled from brown paper. The aluminium can containing 4 electrolytic capacitors was missing from mine so I made up a replacement using the casing from a spare capacitor.
It might be useful to share the serial numbers of our sets to estimate production numbers. My HMV 1200 serial number is E/3 1145.
Yes, it would be good to establish production dates and numbers. Unfortunately due to the recent move mine is buried under a pile of round tuits at present but I will find it.
I used to save old wax capacitors to use restuffed when the originals were missing but they had to go when we moved, I will start collecting again.
You did a good job with the brown paper. I have a couple of sets to restore with the glass tubed capacitors, not worked out a system for
re-stuffing them that preserves the labels inside yet.
Boater Sam.







