26-10-2023, 01:14 PM
I don't recognise (within reason) the concept of hoarding! It's collecting! Saving wonderful things from being junked is to be applauded and without people having done so in the past there would be no vintage equipment for the likes of us to collect.
Amongst other (lots of!) things I have kept all the brochures and spec sheets I picked up when visiting hi fi shows starting from around 1978, majoring around 1980-84 and from a few sporadic shows over the years since then. To some it's utter junk but to others it's a rare and detailed record of the hi fi industry and it's products from that time and in glossy colour brochure form.
I've kept decades of WW and try to read through the whole lot every year. Articles that were of little or no interest a few years back and were skipped last time can become most salient depending on the sort of thing you are working on at the time.
Amongst other (lots of!) things I have kept all the brochures and spec sheets I picked up when visiting hi fi shows starting from around 1978, majoring around 1980-84 and from a few sporadic shows over the years since then. To some it's utter junk but to others it's a rare and detailed record of the hi fi industry and it's products from that time and in glossy colour brochure form.
I've kept decades of WW and try to read through the whole lot every year. Articles that were of little or no interest a few years back and were skipped last time can become most salient depending on the sort of thing you are working on at the time.
Arkless Electronics. Analogue hi fi servicing. 01670 530674







