29-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Further progress. I've glued the broken 'fork' on the switch lever, though I may have to reinforce it. I've removed the innards from the contact cooled rectifier, and fitted a 1N4007 with a 100 ohm 2W resistor in series inside the case, which maintains the original appearance. Upon refitting the rectifier to the chassis, it occured to me that the cathode (o/p) terminal is very close to the tag on the mains TX which supplies the rectifiier with AC. Not, IMHO, a good idea, so I may turn the rectifier round the other way, and reroute the lead from it to the reservoir capacitor, to which it will then be closer. Admittedly this will place the rectifier terminal fairly close to the pilot bulb holder, but not so near as to be a problem, hopefully. Any opinions as to whether this is a good idea or not?







