05-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi All,
I recently bought a 1/4hp motor for my Avo Douglas coil winder as these were commonly used. I must admit (Doh!) I didn't appreciate at the time how big the one I was buying it would be (I didn't take too much notice of the grinding wheel fixed to it). Its been used as a grinder so the windings are 'dirty' to say the least. It also has a missing front bearing plate so I need to make one to retain oil.
I think its far too big to use and I'm currently looking for an old sewing machine motor and footpedal which will also allow variable speed and negate the use of a counterpulley arrangement. My only concern here is will a sewing machine motor be too small??
Regards
Rob
I recently bought a 1/4hp motor for my Avo Douglas coil winder as these were commonly used. I must admit (Doh!) I didn't appreciate at the time how big the one I was buying it would be (I didn't take too much notice of the grinding wheel fixed to it). Its been used as a grinder so the windings are 'dirty' to say the least. It also has a missing front bearing plate so I need to make one to retain oil.
I think its far too big to use and I'm currently looking for an old sewing machine motor and footpedal which will also allow variable speed and negate the use of a counterpulley arrangement. My only concern here is will a sewing machine motor be too small??
Regards
Rob
if all else fails...read the instructions!







