27-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Yesterday was the annual Darley Moor Auction - http://www.bagshaws.com/dispersal-catalo...saletype=5
It's the biggest and best mechanical junk Auction in the country, and I've been going for years with my mate Pete. I don't really need any more junk as I'm pretty sure I've got enough to see me out, but it's an event not to be missed. The biting wind, horizontal rain and sleet and ankle deap mud, plus the Bacon and Egg cobs and strong tea, are just a few of the attractions. Actually, the biggest problem yesterday was the clouds of dust blowing about.
There were a couple of small Milling Machines which I managed to avoid and likewise a couple of small Bench drills. I did bid on a few items but with no great enthusiasm. However, I did come across the above battery Charger - see attached. The label says THE EDISON SWAN ELECTRIC Co Ltd and the date on the meter is 1955. Whether the /12 implies December I don't know.
Internally it's nice and dry with the usual collection of dust and spiders. There's a huge Selenium(?) Rectifier. The mains cable is pretty disastrous so I haven't tried it yet.
Definitely a blast from the past.
Alan
It's the biggest and best mechanical junk Auction in the country, and I've been going for years with my mate Pete. I don't really need any more junk as I'm pretty sure I've got enough to see me out, but it's an event not to be missed. The biting wind, horizontal rain and sleet and ankle deap mud, plus the Bacon and Egg cobs and strong tea, are just a few of the attractions. Actually, the biggest problem yesterday was the clouds of dust blowing about.
There were a couple of small Milling Machines which I managed to avoid and likewise a couple of small Bench drills. I did bid on a few items but with no great enthusiasm. However, I did come across the above battery Charger - see attached. The label says THE EDISON SWAN ELECTRIC Co Ltd and the date on the meter is 1955. Whether the /12 implies December I don't know.
Internally it's nice and dry with the usual collection of dust and spiders. There's a huge Selenium(?) Rectifier. The mains cable is pretty disastrous so I haven't tried it yet.
Definitely a blast from the past.
Alan








