11-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Hi All.
Well today I was well impressed by the above portable radio. It is a modern digitally controlled analogue AM/FM/SSB radio with amazing spec and features.
It tunes from 150Khz to 450Khz, 522Khz to 29.999Mhz AM & SSB, 64Mhz to 108Mhz WBFM with RDS & 118Mhz to 137Mhz Air band.
The sensitivity specs are excellent, it also has variable bandwidth on AM and SSB a LI-ion rechargeable battery (18650).
I was shown one today when I went to see Bob and his son has one. Outside and away from RFI the performance with the internal aerial on Medium wave was stunning, far better than a Sony ICF SW2001 and considerably better than any portable I have seen or used. The bandwidth is selectable and this is very useful for adjacent strong station rejection. It was so impressive i have ordered one from Amazon.
Here are some links that may be useful.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/XHDATA-Portable...B077Z2P28F
https://swling.com/blog/tag/xhdata-d-808/
https://swling.com/blog/2018/01/georges-...ata-d-808/
https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/13710
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tecsun-P...08567.html
Mine should be here on Friday.
Well today I was well impressed by the above portable radio. It is a modern digitally controlled analogue AM/FM/SSB radio with amazing spec and features.
It tunes from 150Khz to 450Khz, 522Khz to 29.999Mhz AM & SSB, 64Mhz to 108Mhz WBFM with RDS & 118Mhz to 137Mhz Air band.
The sensitivity specs are excellent, it also has variable bandwidth on AM and SSB a LI-ion rechargeable battery (18650).
I was shown one today when I went to see Bob and his son has one. Outside and away from RFI the performance with the internal aerial on Medium wave was stunning, far better than a Sony ICF SW2001 and considerably better than any portable I have seen or used. The bandwidth is selectable and this is very useful for adjacent strong station rejection. It was so impressive i have ordered one from Amazon.
Here are some links that may be useful.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/XHDATA-Portable...B077Z2P28F
https://swling.com/blog/tag/xhdata-d-808/
https://swling.com/blog/2018/01/georges-...ata-d-808/
https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/13710
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tecsun-P...08567.html
Mine should be here on Friday.






