05-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I tried to upload a pic of my East German 1964 valve radio project but the image was way too big for some reason. I tried reducing it to get some sort of image but not too good.
This East German set has about the most advanced valves of the era plus a printed circuit board instead of valve holders. It was working on FM but not on SW, LW, and MW. I did notice an aerial coil was out of circuit so a very fiddly job awaits. Magic eye is also suspect. Actually I decided this was too advanced for me so it's on hold till I get more experience. I swapped to work on a 1939 TRF 120 volt battery set which is far simpler in design. This latter set has mainly pentodes and an output tetrode - very large valves like pepper pots. The wiring was really awful so I replaced everything I could get at and suppose I really ought to have taken it apart completely rather than partially.
This East German set has about the most advanced valves of the era plus a printed circuit board instead of valve holders. It was working on FM but not on SW, LW, and MW. I did notice an aerial coil was out of circuit so a very fiddly job awaits. Magic eye is also suspect. Actually I decided this was too advanced for me so it's on hold till I get more experience. I swapped to work on a 1939 TRF 120 volt battery set which is far simpler in design. This latter set has mainly pentodes and an output tetrode - very large valves like pepper pots. The wiring was really awful so I replaced everything I could get at and suppose I really ought to have taken it apart completely rather than partially.









