28-02-2013, 11:57 PM
I have been sorting out an old computer for my workshop.
I have rescued several genuine IBM keyboards over the years. These are the nice heavy ones with the DIN plug on them. I have located a seller who can supply adapters to make them fit into a PS2 socket for a couple of quid.
I have so far sorted out some keys from a scrap one and got it all together.
I have also located a hard drive that will just about manage all those PDFs.
Linux needs sorting out to get the drives to share correctly so that I can keep the files on my main PC.
There is no need for those windows buttons with Linux so the keyboards on my PCs are not cluttered with such things.
It just needs a good clean and a hunt in the junk box for some more memory.
I have rescued several genuine IBM keyboards over the years. These are the nice heavy ones with the DIN plug on them. I have located a seller who can supply adapters to make them fit into a PS2 socket for a couple of quid.
I have so far sorted out some keys from a scrap one and got it all together.
I have also located a hard drive that will just about manage all those PDFs.
Linux needs sorting out to get the drives to share correctly so that I can keep the files on my main PC.
There is no need for those windows buttons with Linux so the keyboards on my PCs are not cluttered with such things.
It just needs a good clean and a hunt in the junk box for some more memory.







