18-01-2013, 06:13 PM
(18-01-2013, 05:57 PM)ed731pdh Wrote: Impressive, I remember those hard to read red LED displays. Chicklet keyboard, and batteries that seemed to drain in ten seconds flat.
The batteries drained because in them days, batteries were rubbish. The photo below shows it taking 14mA, but as the displays are multiplexed, the average is more like 25-30mA - it goes as high as 40mA, but I couldn't get a photo with the display fully lit with that.
Note what the display says - when bored in class, we used to think up words you could make on it - I just remembered "07734E40", which when inverted (hence me holding it upside down), comes out as "Oh hELLO"
Blimey, I must have been very bored... (and sad to have remembered that arcane bit of rubbish since 1975)Sorry - didn't mean to hijack this thread... enough on the calculator already!
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







