14-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Guys, I am relatively new to vintage radios. I have kind of inherited a couple of them - both are non runners.
Both me and the wife like them and would like to have on permanently installed in the kitchen for casual listening.
Yes, we have all the mod-cons of most households nowadays but we do like the old stuff too.
The radios in question are Baird 242 and Ferguson 382U.
Ok, so they're not worth a fat lot but hey, they are great and I would like to get them both up and running to use in my kitchen and garage. I may even upgrade in the future.
I will post in the spares/repair section at a later date to see if anyone can repair them at low cost.
Cheers
Mike
Both me and the wife like them and would like to have on permanently installed in the kitchen for casual listening.
Yes, we have all the mod-cons of most households nowadays but we do like the old stuff too.
The radios in question are Baird 242 and Ferguson 382U.
Ok, so they're not worth a fat lot but hey, they are great and I would like to get them both up and running to use in my kitchen and garage. I may even upgrade in the future.
I will post in the spares/repair section at a later date to see if anyone can repair them at low cost.
Cheers
Mike








