16-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Bit of a poser this one, and other than scoping the PSU (next thing to be done) I'm struggling.
BBC model B, issue 7 keyboard. Turn on and powers up ok with no issues. After about a minute or so of operation the keyboard starts to become erratic in operation, missing key strokes etc. Get to around near five minutes and the keyboard is doing it's own thing, with erratic data appearing on screen. 22uf keyboard cap was changed but to no avail. I've attached a schematic of the keyboard to this post.
I'm starting to consider a noisy power supply but before I go delving further has anybody come across this fault before and if so what was the issue?
Thanks.
BBC model B, issue 7 keyboard. Turn on and powers up ok with no issues. After about a minute or so of operation the keyboard starts to become erratic in operation, missing key strokes etc. Get to around near five minutes and the keyboard is doing it's own thing, with erratic data appearing on screen. 22uf keyboard cap was changed but to no avail. I've attached a schematic of the keyboard to this post.
I'm starting to consider a noisy power supply but before I go delving further has anybody come across this fault before and if so what was the issue?
Thanks.







