Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: Mobile phone Apps on a W10 PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We must be unusual as we dont have smart phones just simple flip top 'phone box' in your pocket ones.  Does all we need as why browse the net on a tiny screen when you have a huge  one on our PC?

But I wondered if there were any Apps that would run on W10 that would be useful?  I looked at the Royal Mail one and the reviews were pretty awful even for its intended purpose.  So, as I dont like downloading stuff and then getting rid of it, it may leave traces, thought I would ask you guys.

thanks Gary
I take the view that if you can't do it with a normal web browser on your PC then the company/organisation is doing something wrong.
Good answer Jeffrey. An App for another platform should be no better than the Web Site.
All I need.

thanks Gary
I hate typing on my phone but quite a lot of people now use WhatsApp instead on email. There is a WhatsApp for PC that solves my typing problem.

Peter
Dont think that helps me Peter.

I did have a tablet years ago that I bought an App for that was a typing aid. As you typed it threw up a line of words, think it was 3 or 4. If one was what I wanted I tapped on it and it was inserted. As more letters were typed by me so the selections changed and a word became more likely to be what was wanted. Obviously more useful on a touch keyboard than a real one. Tried to find it as an add on to a PC running Word but never did.

But thanks Gary
(28-05-2022, 06:59 AM)peter scott Wrote: [ -> ]I hate typing on my phone but quite a lot of people now use WhatsApp instead on email. There is a WhatsApp for PC that solves my typing problem.

Peter

Similar problem, but my solution is to use Whatsapp in my browser (Firefox as it happens, but should be OK with any browser). You just have to pair your phone with your computer by pointing the phone's camera at a QR code on the PC screen.