Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: My new radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have enjoyed my Tecsun radios for a few years, today my latest portable arrived the HXDATA D-808.  This is much the same as Tecsuns offerings with the added benefit of a few SW preselectors all built in and air band too (via an FM chip down converting to 10.7MHz to allow AM reception).  I will take my usual long walk in the countryside at the weekend and have a QRM free listen on the way, I think a pub lunch may well be in order too as SHMBO is spending the weekend at her mothers.  So far it seems to be a good portable set.
Hi.
I've had one of these excellent radios for nearly four years. Recently mine would cut off when the ambient temperature went above 21c in the display. I eventually traced the issue to Q1 an S9014 SMT on the processor board.
It took nearly a month for 150 of them to come from China. Easy enough to do with a good maginifer and a cure. The 150 cost under £4 including post. I've 149 left.
You'll really enjoy the set but beware there is no support if you have problems, Radiowow didn't reply to my emails.
I remember looking at a sw radio when we were sat in your garden having tea, it made me want one. At the moment I use my Yaesu for listening but would like something portable.
So do I, that was a Tecsun, I can't resist a new (better?) radio. The next time you are in for tea we will try the World Service Ukraine broadcasts on the HXDATA, they could have thought of a better name though!
I heard a broadcast last night on 40m, 7.130, directed at what's going on in Russia. I'll listen again tonight and see if it's on.