Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: How valuable will it be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not a very exciting VTVM and it's collection only.

The nixies aren't special either - standard end view.

Mind you, 99p is not bad...
Personally I have never bid in auction. I cannot cope with the chaos of last minute bids. To me the first however many days mean nothing and the last thirty seconds everything. Maybe I have it wrong? :/ I usually look for something I want, see an item, check the supplier and pay the asking price if it looks Ok and reasonable. On the very odd occasion there are issues the protection has always sorted. I may pay slightly more but am more confident of a good result.

I have never bought used equipment but I think most sellers are genuine even if they are obviously looking for a good return.

Tracy
Crackle Wrote:
boater sam Wrote:
Amie Wrote:Wow.
That's PAM710 money almost....

Let's fake a few up... (Only kidding Biggrin )... (Or am I Evil )

You fake 'em, Mike will sell them, I'll visit you in gaol, and fetch the file.

They will need to be just the right type of transistor radio that the guitarphools want.

Mike
I know they like raiding old sets for SO2 case transistors, particularly OC44/45 for use in fuzz boxes but didn't know they were getting so desperate as to pay hundreds for a clapped out old set?

I've got a few Mullard OC45M NIB. I'll have to check out what they're paying!
I've a drawer full of OC44 & 45s perhaps I can sell them and buy a nice new Panda 4x4 Cross.
(02-05-2021, 06:14 AM)Murphyv310 Wrote: [ -> ]I've a drawer full of OC44 & 45s perhaps I can sell them and buy a nice new Panda 4x4 Cross.

Me too. But I don't want a Panda.
A40C now up to £205.
I have done a couple of A40's for people and they are good sets, but over £1400 for one!!  Undecided
Only at £220 and ends tomorrow afternoon.
Not now, its next Monday afternoon that it finishes so there is plenty of time for the price to climb to near what it was the first time.

If it doesn't get near to £1470 I will be suspicious that there was some shill bidding in the first auction.

Interestingly, there is now no reserve.
Before you buy it, check you have the muscles to carry it !
(122 lbs)
Pages: 1 2 3 4