Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: PP Auto current balancing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would put a dummy load on the output and go through with a scope starting at the output.
If all is well the power rail clipping should be even on the positive and negative half cycles of the output.
If it is not it ought to be at the phase splitter.
I have one that failed this test and it had been faulty from new.
There was a 68K resistor in a power rail. It should be 6K8.
i have serched the world audio forum
http://www.world-designs.co.uk/forum/index.php
and no one seems to have had biasing but i do see that in the later kel34 kits they changed to c core tx's
rob t
Refugee,
There is no phase splitter stage in my amp, the O/P stage is like a long-tailed pair with a triode and pentode.
Rob,
Over the next week I'll check out the Amp, I wondered about using the PC as a sig gen and Scope?? Do you know of any good software, maybe distortion analyzer too!!
cheers
mike
Rob,
I just got some scope and sig gen software (Scope 1.41), looks like it also does an spectrum analyzer function up to 20KHz so harmonics can be measured too.
Cheers
mike
The scope software also has a distortion analyser and separate panel for the sig gen.
Lashed up something very quick to check it out, distortion under 1% at 1W into 8.2 Ohms from about 1KHz to 10KHz, below 1KHz rises to 20% around 500Hz, this I think is due to Hum, rather weird because there is hum at 100Hz (OK full wave rect) and then at 250, 350, 450, 550, 650. I would have thought that this would be at 100Hz intervals but starting at 200Hz and not 250Hz.
Mike
Pages: 1 2