Golborne Vintage Radio

Full Version: More on Pantry Transmitters.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here we go:-

[attachment=6888]

Time-base set to 0.5ms/Div, top trace output at 10mV/Div, bottom trace 500c/s AF in at 10mV/Div.

Not pretty but it does work.

- Joe
A bit less modulation maybe.

Lawrence.
Yes, turn the af down a bit.
Nice traces otherwise.

Alan
Same 'scope settings but I wouldn't now regard the output as being of a usable strength, unless via a direct connection to the aerial socket.

[attachment=6889]

- Joe
That's better from a modulation perspective, maybe the carrier frequency is a bit low for a Collpits to give a decent output, maybe an RF choke in the emitter leg of the tuned circuit? Could you convert it to Xtal?

Lawrence.
It's not something I've any intention of using, Lawrence and I only built it to see if it would actually work.

As I said earlier it would be plenty good enough if built into a set with no Gram socket especially if it was a live chassis one as there'd be no direct connection.

- Joe
I'm with you now.

Just out of interest are these micro transmitters legal to use? If so would it be legal to key them?

Lawrence.
No - they are illegal throughout the EU. This has been covered in other threads which I'll try and find.

- Joe
Thanks Joe, it must be something to do with transmitting modulation, having said that it's what a signal generator does in many cases.

Lawrence.
The full legal position is here http://golbornevintageradio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=484. I'm sure David will be only too happy to expand thereupon. Wink

- Joe
Pages: 1 2 3