22-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Here's the 1st part of what is hopefully a definitive piece of reverse engineering I've carried out on this receiver, I've included a pic of the assembly that the schematic produced refers to, the fixed spring contacts and the turret contacts with the connecting links can be seen.
Also included are pics of the slow motion/fine tune arrangement, the brass shaft goes through the front panel and finishes more or less flush with the front of the panel, that end of the shaft has a slot in it for adjustment, the flat steel spring on the assembly serves to keep the small drive pulley on the end of the shaft in contact with the large disc that's fitted to the end of the capacitors rotor shaft, the slow motion drive is permanently in operation and is not designed to be disengaged.
More to come at some point, eventually I'll try and reverse engineer a full schematic, not sure whether I'll get it all on an A4 sheet though:
Lawrence.
Also included are pics of the slow motion/fine tune arrangement, the brass shaft goes through the front panel and finishes more or less flush with the front of the panel, that end of the shaft has a slot in it for adjustment, the flat steel spring on the assembly serves to keep the small drive pulley on the end of the shaft in contact with the large disc that's fitted to the end of the capacitors rotor shaft, the slow motion drive is permanently in operation and is not designed to be disengaged.
More to come at some point, eventually I'll try and reverse engineer a full schematic, not sure whether I'll get it all on an A4 sheet though:
Lawrence.







